Hey y’all today I want to speak about something a little different. When we go through our everyday life we tend to focus on our own needs, and yes that is a normal thing to do, but what does it mean to be a kind person? It can be as simple as opening the door for someone, sharing a smile, or letting someone go in front of you at the check out line. There are endless possibilities for this.
Here are 10 acts of kindness that you can do everyday!
1. Sit with someone who is sitting alone at school. I’m in college and when I have some time to wait for my next class I go to the library and sit alone. I don’t mind it, but it would be nice if someone came and sat next to me and sparked up a conversation. I know sometimes it can be intimidating but you never know who you will meet!
This right here is my friend Maraki! We met on our first day of college, I was sitting by myself in the café and she came and sat next to me! We instantly started talking and shared stories with one another and I am grateful for having a friend like her!
2. Pick up any trash you see. It frustrates me when I see trash on the floor or even at the park. It doesn’t cost a single thing to pick your trash up. Littering is never good people!
3. Make a playlist for someone. Whether it be to your significant other, bestfriend, or even parents. It feels good to know that someone else is thinking of you. Think of memories that you’ve shared with this person, make a playlist for them on Spotify, and send it to them!
Here is one of my playlists on Spotify!
4. Give encouragement to someone who is working hard. If you know someone who is going through a tough time in their life, send them a message, and let them know that everything is going to be just fine. This can be simply done by leaving a comment on someone’s photo and complimenting them.
5. Buy a coffee for someone else. This is one of the simplest things to do. When you’re ordering your coffee for the morning or even just making it at home, make another cup for someone else!
6. Bring some treats to your work space. Whether it’s someone’s birthday or a co- workers last day, bringing food to work is always a good idea! This can also be an excuse to test your baking skills out!
7. Donate blood. There are local blood drives throughout the city, and by donating you are doing some good for someone who really needs it.
8. Call a loved one you haven’t spoken to in a while. This is something important in life, keeping in touch with people who are dear in your heart should always be a priority. I know life can get in the way but it’s nice to know that the bond you once shared with that person is still there.
These are my cousins who I don’t get to see as often, but we always find a way back to each other!
9. Leave a note for someone and tell them why you appreciate them.
10. Make someone laugh. When I go to my local grocery store there is a girl who always offers to tell me a joke. When she does it just makes me feel happy that someone else is making an effort to make another human happy.
I hope you guys enjoyed these ways of spreading kindness around! I get inspired everyday to do greatness in the world and making small steps can make a huge difference. We can all take time out of our day to spread positivity and light to others.
Make sure to follow me on my social media to hear more from me!
Till next time….